Duplicants not delivering bottles to a bottle emptier

ChronaTrigger
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I just got this game after trying it at PAX west, and I enjoy it.

However, I'm a tad annoyed.  The washbasin I set up emptied into a bottle of polluted water after being filled.  Not the first time it had happened, and I had set up a pit with a bottle emptier to deal with it.  I couldn't see any way to set what liquids would be taken to the bottle emptiers, so I just put it to sweep only.  I marked the bottle for sweeping, and waited.  After a full cycle of my duplicants ignoring it, I decided, maybe I'm just having issues with it.  So I made sure, and toggled back and forth, every setting that might stop it (sweep only and auto empty on the bottle emptier, and the sweep task on the items).  Didn't change anything, and waited another half a day.  I thought "Maybe the item itself is having issues." So I had them dump it out, and mop it.  They instantly went and mopped it the moment I marked it, and then they ignored the  bottles after I marked them for sweeping, again.

I took a look at the priorities, and they are on the default, but I noticed that digging was the lowest priority.   They were digging quite a bit.  And sweep is several steps above dig.

Edit: it seems to have sorted itself out upon reloading, and changing the settings on the bottle emptier from "sweep only" to "liquids: polluted water."  But I still think it was a bit buggy that they weren't taking the ones marked for sweeping when it was sweep only...

Steps to Reproduce
No idea. Emptying the bottles worked the first time.

User Feedback

you are missing this part of the bottlers options to set what liquid to put through it. If you for some reason cant see these options then it could be a bug

Bottler.jpg

Share this comment

Thank you Jackblac!  I guess the button size for the arrow is just a little smaller than I expected.  I tried to hit it before, it did nothing, so I assumed I couldn't do it.

Also, it sorted itself out, when I loaded back in, I instantly changed it, and they started to go and pick up all the polluted water.  But they still should have picked up the ones I marked earlier...ah, whatever.

Share this comment