Duplicants get stuck at duplicant checkpoint with timer

Michael Janus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

Dupes, which want to pass through a closed checkpoint automated with timer, stop at checkpoint and do not move until it opens. They neither switch their current task to something reachable, nor leave checkpoint location for primary needs like breathing or toilet.

0a0ffaaf44.jpeg

Steps to Reproduce
build duplicant checkpoint with clock sensor

User Feedback

Not switching their current task is as designed, they need to be able to hold on to their current task while waiting so that they can continue to do it on the other side. If you want to prevent a dupe from even attempting to pass a certain point, you might want to use a door instead.

Not moving to deal with basic biological needs is possibly an issue. They are expected to leave the checkpoint to deal with basic needs, but they may not be able to if they would need to cross the checkpoint in order to do so.

Share this comment

On 09.01.2018 at 12:19 AM, Brook said:

Not switching their current task is as designed, they need to be able to hold on to their current task while waiting so that they can continue to do it on the other side. If you want to prevent a dupe from even attempting to pass a certain point, you might want to use a door instead.

Looks like I've misunderstood purpose of checkpoint. Tried to make something that keeps dupes locked at work site during day and lets them out just before night. Can't use a door for that because once it is locked, it does not let dupes in, and there is no way to automatize restrictions.

Share this comment

I sent one of my people to inspect the premade hidden place that had a checkpoint. My Duplicate sat there and died not being able to breath. I tried to someone to decunstruct the thing but they didn't make it in time to save him. Didn't make it in time. I could not make him leave the checkpoint. Kind of makes it a death trap.

Share this comment