Duplicants don't take care of critters in unbreathable areas

krop
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

The shearing station is in an unbreathable area. Each time a Duplicant comes here, it stops for a couple seconds in this position (see screenshot) then gets out of the room and comes back after a couple seconds

Screenshot_20180923_233847.png

Steps to Reproduce
Create a shearing station in an area with unbreathable gas and watch Duplicants remain frozen for a couple seconds

User Feedback

I had a similar drecko farm for a while (a part with the sheering station was filled with hydrogen), and while I heard of the animation bugging out recently (with the dupes freezing), it works, it's just inefficient. They run in, usually they'd whistle next to the grooming station (which you maybe don't see because of the animation bug), wait for the critter for a bit and if it didn't come to them fast enough, they'd come back out for air... Sometimes, they'd even do that in the middle (or at 90%) of the "grooming" done. Eventually, one would get it, but it was a pain.

I don't think it's a bug, it's just painfull and requires you to have many ranchers if you want to groom critters in an unbreathable area before you install exosuits. (Now all my ranches and unbreathable areas have exo-suits, even the in-base ranches, so they have no problem with it).

Share this comment