duplicants don't store balm lily seeds and flowers and don't automatically empty water bottles!!

dipharoh
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello Klei

i found two things that reduced my excitement about ONI

First

i made an airlocked room filled with chlorine to farm balm lily and i have a storage container with priority 9 set to store balm lily seeds and flowers

then i wanted to expand my balm lily farm so i digged far more for more balm lily seeds

the thing is the new balm lily seeds were in reach along with pincha peppernut seeds and my duplicants picked the pincha peppernuts but not the balm lilies

i wondered why a lot

same thing for balm lily flowers my duplicants didn't pick them up and store them until i made my apothecary fabricate vitamin chews. only then they stored them in the storage container

i uploaded two saves one for the seeds and one for the flowers

second

i have many water bottles all over my colony so i set up a bottle emptier with priority 9 above my water tank and chose water in its menu. i expected my duplicants to empty the water bottles automatically but that didn't happen. every while only one duplicant brought one water bottle and emptied it

i also wondered a lot

is this a bug or a priority thing. if it is about priority, how to set priorities to make my duplicants store balm lily seeds and flowers and empty water bottles

i uploaded a third save

Balm Lily Seeds.sav

Balm Lily Seeds_Edited.jpg

Balm Lily Flowers.sav

Balm Lily Flowers_Edited.jpg

Water Bottles.sav

Water Bottles_Edited.jpg

sorry for not posting screenshots

I Edited

please help me i feel so disappointed when things don't go smoothly in the game

Second Edit

to point the one storage compactor not with sweep only

Steps to Reproduce
nothing in particular

User Feedback

1. Are you sure you allowed to store the seeds? When you have new items, it is not stored in the storage compactors by default.
  2. Are you sure that that "job" has a high enough priority in (at least) one duplicant's priorities (the PRIORITY tab)? (This is the Tidy job.)

If you checked these, then try to prioritize the sweeping. To do that, click on the Sweep button, then click on the priority level (5 is the default, so to prioritize click on a greater number - 9 is the highest priority), then click (and eventually drag) over the items/bottles you want to get rid of.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, tasauge said:
  1. Are you sure you allowed to store the seeds? When you have new items, it is not stored in the storage compactors by default.
  2. Are you sure that that "job" has a high enough priority in (at least) one duplicant's priorities (the PRIORITY tab)? (This is the Tidy job.)

If you checked these, then try to prioritize the sweeping. To do that, click on the Sweep button, then click on the priority level (5 is the default, so to prioritize click on a greater number - 9 is the highest priority), then click (and eventually drag) over the items/bottles you want to get rid of.

1. yes i made many storage compactors BUT with sweep only except one not with sweep only and i checked balm lily seeds

2. i will try tidy job 

Share this comment

1 minute ago, dipharoh said:

1. yes i made many storage compactors BUT with sweep only except one not with sweep only and i checked balm lily seeds

2. i will try tidy job 

The sweep only option means that duplicants will store in these storages only if you tell them so (with the Sweep command). The problem may be caused by that: the storage compactor without Sweep only is full, so duplicants don't store anything (until you tell them so).

Be sure to check the bottle emptier too.

Share this comment

Just now, dipharoh said:

no it's not empty you can see the screenshots and the saves

Er, what do you mean?

The bottle emptier is the machine that is used to empty the bottles, and you may have told your duplicants to sweep some things on the floor so they stored things on the storage compactors (without meaning anything about the seeds)...

Share this comment

i mean there many storage compactors with sweep only and one not filled storage compactor not with sweep only and with balm lily seeds checked with seeds category fully checked

you can see that in the screenshots and the saves

Share this comment

they stored the balm lily seeds when up prioritized storage

and they emptied the water bottles when i up prioritized tidy

thank you

Share this comment