Duplicants don't always wash their hands

GuyPerfect
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I've got a standard "outhouses behind wash basins" toilet setup to control germs:

SuperPooper.thumb.png.1ac6f01e2e7c63c6586e42aa5dd221d4.png

For the most part, it works great. However, every once in a while a Duplicant will partially wash their hands at one sink, partially wash their hands at the second sink, then exit the clean zone covered in germs. Stop it stop it stop stop stoooooop!

That ladder is an early-warning system, because I have auto disinfect set at zero germs and the moment some shipdit climbs out of the potty hole without washing his damn hands, the spray guns go wild. I then have to locate the offending Duplicant and give him a manual Move To order. If I don't catch it in time, I wind up with contaminated resources in the storage bins and wind up fairly helpless with regards to cleaning them off until I can get an Ore Scrubber set up. This all could have been avoided if the game weren't bugged. |-:

Unfortunately, the skipping of washing of handsing is apparently random and happens somewhat seldomly. I'm a good 60 days in and only had it happen a handful of times so far. Still, I've had to reload from an autosave more than once because I notice one of my storage bins has germs in it. This bug has been around for a while and while it's not the biggest problem in the world, it's still a big problem that totally interrupts gameplay.

Steps to Reproduce
See the following post for a save file that consistently demonstrates this issue: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/duplicants-dont-always-wash-their-hands-r7221/?do=findComment&comment=12406

User Feedback

This happens to me as well. It's almost infuriating, but definitely a disruption to gameplay at the very least. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 times of using the "Move to" option before they actually STOP and wash their hands. I'm paranoid now and constantly checking my germ overlay, more specifically when I have more dupes to deal with. I can't keep an eye on all of them all the time.

Share this comment

Ha HA! I caught one brown-handed! What's more, it happens consistently, so check the attached save file.

I was juuust about to start a new game, but decided to plan out a more reasonable toilet setup first before I blew away all my research and resources. I'm happy with how the experiment turned out, but then I saw this little turd take a turd:

BrownHanded1.thumb.png.8fe9c492d704e926ff3e1c6857a4c654.png

I figured I'd do what I always do: Move To to get her to walk past them again. I used this spot riiiight here:

BrownHanded2.thumb.png.0cfd8225bfb63dd0557e5c3606e9c740.png

And watched in dismay at what transpired...

BrownHanded3.thumb.png.59e2fdba3c9b1bbf60e548feb7d8abe2.png

~Lah dee dah lah lah~

BrownHanded4.thumb.png.55b72b7d181ff5e6f4da1d6d1a205947.png

~Doopity doot doo~

This persists after restarting the game, so devs, PLEASE use this save file to fix this problem.

Ruby and the Planetoids.sav

Share this comment