Duplicant glitching they won't do anything unless you move them.

c0wt1pper
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Here is a short video of what I am experiencing.  This happens at least to one of my dups per cycle.  The only way to get them out of it is to move them.  It happens when doing a wide range of things from picking up items or to clap their hands when a research project is being completed. I saved the game in the attached sav file right after the video I took, but from what I can tell loading the game clears the issue the same as moving them.  Tell me what you think!  Thanks.

glitch.mp4

glitch.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Just playing the game as normal.

User Feedback

I've had the same issue on SU-291640.  In addition sometimes you get the animation of what they should be doing (i.e. constructing) but they may be holding the construction tool, but moving as if they are, but not actually doing anything.

Share this comment

When looking at the video please note when I hit the show navigation button the duplicate has paths to all directions on the map.  I want to note that as important because every time it happens to me I can hit the show navigation button and it appears they are always trying to go to everyplace on the map at the same time.  Hope that helps!  And thanks for the validation guys it makes me feel better that it itsn't just me :)

Share this comment

On 2018-11-03 at 9:21 PM, Vertebrate said:

Same here :(. In the attached save, each morning one of duplicants freezes after entering a bathroom.

The Great Spacepad.sav

Hi Vertebrate, your issue appears to be plumbing related, this should be fixed in the next update, but in the meantime, if you adjust your output plumbing to use T junctions it should resolve your problem: 

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

@c0wt1pper,

Your issue may also be plumbing related, but I'm not positive. You might want to try changing up your output plumbing in your bathroom to use T junctions and see if that resolves the issues for you.

Share this comment

@Brook I will give it a try, but I have had this issue in past games before I have even researched plumbing on the 2nd or 3rd cycle with dups just picking up sandstone.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, c0wt1pper said:

@Brook I will give it a try, but I have had this issue in past games before I have even researched plumbing on the 2nd or 3rd cycle with dups just picking up sandstone.

Understood! We're still investigating this one, and there are other similar known issues as well. In particular if you use the Attack order on a Hatch that's burrowed your dupes may also get stuck.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I started a new game and went till cycle 15 this time before I had my 1st glitch.  I had not built any pipes yet so it can't be the pipe glitch in this case.  The dup was picking up dirt, I think to build a farm plot.  The video I took was 100 meg so I can't post it here, but wanted to comment that this bug can't be the pipes or combating a hatch because I have not killed any in this game.

Share this comment

Its an old post but i just had the same problem with my dupes just getting stuck in an animation, like entering a transit tube access or getting the atmo suits on. For me the problem was that i stored my ice and polluted ice in storage bins and its started to liquify then immediately converted back into solid metarial. So my dupes getting stuck with storing back the solid items again, and it confused the program a bit. After i destroyed my bins the problem was solved for me.

Share this comment