Dupes won't adjust valves

Byce
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Dupes won't adjust gas or liquid valves (stays as "requested").

Conditions tested so far: gas/ liquid valve: horizontal on tile, vertical next to ladder, with and without gas/ liquid flowing trough, with and without attached pipes/ tubes to input and output. I even lowered all visible subprioritys to 1. I got a dupe for each job. They just won't adjust it. I have this behaviour since the ranger/ job update. It persits when starting a fresh game/ loading an old and persisted in at least 3 worlds I started

Steps to Reproduce
Any setup with a valve is affected.

User Feedback

Can you upload your save file, and some images of the problem? Would help with nailing down this bug, or possible pathing issue.

Share this comment

Here is a recent save and a picture of one of the above mentioned condition. Even though I'm not sure, if the bottleemptier collides with the the pathfinding, there are other dummy valves (in the bath room and two rooms above) that have the same issue

ONI valve bug.jpg

The Rocky Citadel.sav

Share this comment

Thanks, increasing the toggle priority helped! So maybe the "bug" is that, with default priority dupes don't like valves! Other toggle tasks, including switches and turning devices on/off, worked fine without the adjustment.

Share this comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, except that elevating the toggle priority doesn't help.  Fortunately, I mostly use valves in on/off, so I can simply delete them.  Edit:  I take that back.  After a reload, high priority "toggle" seems to have done the trick.  I don't know whether the restart was actually required, or if I was just unobservant in some way.

Edited by FluxFaraday
New info

Share this comment

Same thing happening to me. Three dupes with toggle as high priority, I move them to stand right next to a valve that is set to Yellow Alert and they just ignore it. 

Share this comment