Dupes Suffocating in Breathable Air

Jessemyn
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

As the subject denotes, Dupes continue to randomly suffocate in areas that are completely breathable, while corpses are "suffocating" and other dupes are starving while there is plenty of food available. Their paths are not obstructed, nor is there a warning of starvation or suffocation before death occurs. Dupes who have starved seem to be reading as plants who are not getting the correct conditions for growth. As Good Ol' Chan didn't have any irrigation or fertilizer, he perished of neglect.

Oxygen Not Included - Suffocation.jpg

Oxygen Not Included - Starvation.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Not certain as it seems completely random. Even replaying the save files with no new changes does not cause the issue to re-occur.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I did some more testing of the previous save files and I think it might have to do with Ugly Criers getting stuck in crying loops. Perhaps the loop is caused by them "becoming" a sentient plant being according to the code? This does not explain the suffocation per say, but when I reloaded Good Ol'Chan, he did indeed cry himself to death. The loop can be broken with a manual movement command.

Share this comment