Dupes stop doing errands

Hasufel
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

At some moments, dupes stop doing some queued errands. For example, every dupes stop refilling the microbe musher with water even if there is tons of water available just next to it and everyone is idle. As a result, they stop cooking and everybody dies.
Same probleme with tuning engines. They just stop tunning even if there is tons of microships on the floor juste nexxt to the machineries.

Saving and reloading fix the problem but the same problem appear again few cycles later. I have to reload my game almost every cycles if i want my dupe to cook or tune engines correctly...

Steps to Reproduce
Don't know how to reproduce. It happens but don't know why. It's sure it's a bug because reloading is fixing it for a short time but don't know why it's happening. Maybe iy happens when super speed the game? (ctrl+u) But it happens also without speeding the game so don't know...

User Feedback

Hi @Hasufel,

If you can, please provide a save file which is showing this issue.  This may help us identify issues with your exact situation.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

For example, in this party, i let the game running without touching anything for 3 hours. At some point, they have stop supplying mealwood with dirt. For no reason because there is 483t of dirt available.
Just no errand is queuing to do that. 5d30c5944ab6c_Bugerrands2.thumb.jpg.6df2533d9e03049552413e5837860644.jpg5d30c58cca82b_Bugerrands.thumb.jpg.4e38707d27754a5ae43a45370ceadd2c.jpg

New hope bug.sav

And that problem happen with multiple different errands. Supplying, farming, building, tunning the machinery...

Edited by Hasufel

Share this comment

Okay, bad example, i think i find why they stop doing anything in this very example.

I think my whole 8 dupes just tried to supply the 2 priority 9 kiln, to death.

But as i said, the bugs on errands are fixed by saving and reloading the game, so...

The most current is when i try to produce infinite mush bars and mush fries. At some point, the dupes stop supplying the microbe musher with water even if water is available and accessible with priority 9. There's just no errand that appear to do that.

That bug happen many times but is always fix when i reload the game... until the next time.^^'

I will try to take screenshots when it will happen again.

I just had another example, the stress reaction of september just not become active at 100%. She just stayed at 100% stress without vomiting and when i reload the game she just start vomiting everywhere.

Share this comment

Finally i have the evidences.
In that case, it's for the atmo suit that the bug appeared.
There is ressources, dupplicants can go to the machine, they allready made multiple atmo suit but they stop supplying for the last one.
The aluminium is here, so are the reed fibers and the dupplicants. They start to fill it but they stop for no reason.

5d3100b24bfae_Bugatmosuit.thumb.jpg.cdf33ffb1e287fe469308f3985cbfbf5.jpg

Ther is just no errands to give the machine the 50 kg of aluminium and the 2 reed fiber that are needed.

5d3100b3f3b5b_Bugatmosuit2.thumb.jpg.5851821bb65577c1d2c12fbcb162b0ef.jpg

New hope bug atmo suit.sav

Share this comment

As it's the same issue, I figured I should add in comments rather than create my own bug report...

Note: For me at least, this is occurring in the previous (current as of yesterday) public beta. Haven't tested with the most recent update, in case anything has been done on the subject.

I would love to provide a save file showing the issue, but as with Hasufel, reloading the save seems to reset something and the issue is at least temporarily gone. I can't confirm whether the game-speed has an effect on it.

Power: Not an issue. You can see the super computer literally 4 tiles to the left is actively working.

Water availability: As you can see, not an issue at this point in time. says almost 1000 kg available at the pitcher pump (adjacent to the musher), and there's plenty more in the cistern that'll happily flow in to fill the pump as needed.

I didn't get a screenshot of it, but I actually watched the chef deliver water from the pump to the super computer. However, I did get a shot of the chef delivering water to an algae terrarium.

Dirt: there's 150 kg in the musher

Priority: It has the second highest constant priority in the entire colony at this point in time, second only to the electric grill right next to it that wants to make mush fry. And, obviously, cannot - since we don't have any mush bars and can't make more. Even if there were other things with higher priority, the chef *should* be filling this first, due to her prioritization of cooking.

As I'm running at 4k, screenshots are of relevant things rather than whole screen.

OxygenNotIncluded_rqVyspGXUi.thumb.png.cab868d61829591f08bba10482dcf6ff.pngOxygenNotIncluded_v4fZhWF21q.thumb.png.ecb4a815a7663e2b8543a00f1f9cf9fa.pngOxygenNotIncluded_BncL0XNUA0.thumb.png.0956985945987f6a6195b33e218d5bd0.png

OxygenNotIncluded_YBDSPjM6rZ.thumb.png.a2c46f317fb2d612783d7d0b51c67b18.pngOxygenNotIncluded_TBVUPORPpC.thumb.png.eeec447820993b6927fe764263fbd10b.png

Share this comment

3 hours ago, shiverczar said:

I would love to provide a save file showing the issue, but as with Hasufel, reloading the save seems to reset something and the issue is at least temporarily gone. I can't confirm whether the game-speed has an effect on it.

Power: Not an issue. You can see the super computer literally 4 t

Yes it's exactly the same bug, thank you for screenshots!^^

Share this comment

Hi @shiverczar and @Hasufel,

These may or may not be the same issue, in particular the handling of delivery chores to farm tiles may be considerably different from those to fabrication machines like the microbe musher.  So in either case, new save files may be useful even if the issues resolve themselves on load. There are many different possible reasons that a delivery might not get made, and it can be hard to tell them apart, so the more information the better.

@shiverczar by all means create a new bug report with a save file so we can take a look at your specific situation.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Actually, hadn't thought about it before and felt pretty foolish when I did think about it - took a screenshot that shows the errand tab of the musher when the bug occurs.

As you can see, there are no errands for the musher whatsoever. Not to cook, or to deliver materials.

OxygenNotIncluded_7xiwIrL2hT.thumb.png.adb6823bcb13b8049d2de9834672cf6c.png

OxygenNotIncluded_2I0wCeLcyd.thumb.png.5af6fb190c0a2324868616da90f7b7a1.png

In addition, it doesn't even require a reload of the save to fix it - if I toggle the "disable building" button, and wait for it to be disabled, then toggle the "enable building" button, it will start to populate errands and function normally. Much more convenient than a reload, but still requires player intervention... And hopefully you notice it before your dupes starve to death (if you happen to be relying on a musher).

I could not say why, but as best I can tell, for some reason an errand fails and doesn't get replaced?

I haven't noticed it in other buildings.

@BrookNext time I notice it, I'll make a save immediately and create a new bug report - but I'm quite certain that upon loading the save it'll populate errands and fix the issue on its own.

Share this comment

I wanted to say that i created the topic for the exact same bug as @shiverczar  is talking about. With the microbe musher, i mean. It happened many times for me before i notice the very similar bug with the farm tiles (hydroponic or not, it happened with both) and the exosuit forge (and tunning the engines that seems to be another bug, according to the other topic that are talking about it).
@shiverczar  just brought the proofs that i didn't manage to grab at the right moment for the microbe musher.^^

Share this comment