Dupes Getting Entombed Unexpectedly

strawberrygirl
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

Hello, at least 3 times in the past week I've had times where a dupe got stuck when he shouldn't have.I know entombment happens when a dupe is in an area and then another dupe or the dupe himself encloses themselves in a building but this is not the case. First two times, they got entombed in areas that weren't built or dug yet. Basically they got entombed as soon as they arrived to an area. I did not have my camera when the incidents actually happened but from what I can see the entombment should not have happened.

The last time my dupe got stick it was in an area way out of reach of all duplicates. I was not able to save him. He died. I found his body many cycles later when my other dupes were finally able to uncover the area he died in.I have screen shots that I will later attach to this post.

Steps to Reproduce
Digging and building in an area. I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce it. Just know it has happened a couple of times.

User Feedback

Leave 2 spaces below any build tile orders and it won't happen very often. Also watch out when digging below sand, it falls.

Edited by onebit

Share this comment

Here are my screen shots (I had to get back home to my gaming machine to upload them)

This one... the room above was long ago build already. I wouldn't have opened it because it was full of natural gas. I have no idea how mae got there. 

mae - how he get in there.jpg

Edited by strawberrygirl

Share this comment

This is Ruby - Ruby got stuck in an unbuilt portion of an area I was working in. No explanation. See following photos to see where the body really is:

ruby - how she get in there.jpg

Share this comment

Ruby died because I couldn't get another dupe to dig her out in time. Nisbet wasn't very helpful in this picture, she ran out and did other stuff (probably because she was holding her breath). In any case another dupe came to help but it was too late. Ruby dies. Look where the body is:

dead ruby.jpg

Share this comment

As you can see she is in portion that is totally not reachable by any dupe yet. I kinda plan out my builds this way. (Would love a blue print feature but this suffices).

Share this comment