Dupes get stuck on oil well if Backpressure Release Threshold is met, AND the Oil Well is Disabled by Automation.

KNum_5
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

As stated in the tilte, if an Oil Well is at the Backpressure Threshold, AND the Oil Well has been disabled by automation, a Duplicant will go up to the Oil Well and just stand there frozen, and not release pressure. If the Duplicant is releasing pressure, then the Oil Well gets Disabled by Automation, pressure will stop releasing but the Duplicant will still be stuck there trying to release it.

Side Note: Once the Duplicant reaches down time scehdule, they will leave the Oil Well, but another Duplicant on the clock, will come and take his or her place and become stuck as well.

OxygenNotIncluded_aDkeJ5lhOr.thumb.jpg.5ef48c966e4b39ff6fdc55006268b2f7.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Very simple reproduction steps. Simply get an Oil Well at it's Backpressure Threshold, Disable the Oil Well via Automation, and then you have it. Duplicants will attempt to release the pressure, but can't because the Well is disabled.

User Feedback

I have an identical problem with them getting 'stuck' at an Oil Well; the cause is different in my case. If the Oil Well has no power, then they get in the same stuck animation. This solves for me when it's powered again.

Share this comment

Hi !

I encounter the same issue, and I found 2 solutions :

1. The more obvious one : putting a duplicant detector on top of the well and connect it with a "OR" logic door to enable the well when a dupe is here to release the pressure;

2. The more elegant one, for a more civilised age : instead of putting the automation on the Oil well, you can put it on a liquid shut-off placed on the intake water pipe. By this way, the well is always enabled and powered on, but produces oil only when necessary.

Another idea (not tested) : put the backpressure threshold to "100", so the well stops producing oil, therefore the level of your pool stays below the limit and the automation stays Green. It can maybe be broken if a dupe drops oil by hand in the meantime...

Have a nice play !

Share this comment