Dupe getting Hypothermia on save file load

BombermanBart
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

For some reason, when I load my game, my Researcher (Nidoqueen) gets Hypothermia out of nowhere, even thought she is inside a 20~30°C rocket. When loading previous autosaves, the same thing happens, except when loading a backup from 100+ cycles ago. The weird thing is that the Hypothermia is being applied full (0.4 cycles), as if she just got it.

Edit: Small backup cycle miscalc

Smoke Bomb.sav

Steps to Reproduce

There isn't, it just happens...

User Feedback

Nidoqueen has body temperature of 27℃, much lower than normal 37℃. No matter why it gets Hypothermia. I see that the path to the rocket launchpad goes through a rather big and rather cold zone, and Nidoqueen was not likely to wear Atmo Suit (which would protect Dupe from extreme temperature) in it, so it might lost temperature at that time.

BombermanBart did not upload the previous autosaves, so I cannot determine why this happens at them. Maybe a look at Nidoqueen's body temperature can help.

But I think the real "bug" is that, if Dupe keeps in low body temperature, long enough for it to cure from Hypothermia, it will be free from a second Hypothermia, until the game is save & load, and then it will get Hypothermia again at once. This is strange and can be why BombermanBart think it a bug, right? This also appears and is reporducable in my save. Though this "bug" would make my gameplay easier so I don't wish Dear Klei fix it. 人人, please...

Edited by czmel

Share this comment

On 12/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, czmel said:

But I think the real "bug" is that, if Dupe keeps in low body temperature, long enough for it to cure from Hypothermia, it will be free from a second Hypothermia, until the game is save & load, and then it will get Hypothermia again at once. This is strange and can be why BombermanBart think it a bug, right? This also appears and is reporducable in my save. Though this "bug" would make my gameplay easier so I don't wish Dear Klei fix it. 人人, please...

That might be it. I was scared to explore the cold biome at first, but when I noticed they were not getting Hypothermia, I thought it was weird and kept exploring. The weird thing is that Nidoqueen was the only one affected, even tho a lot of dupes worked on this cold biome, and they're just fine.

But as Gurgel stated, if this is a old bug that haven't being fixed, I gotta deal with it. But thanks for the explanation.

Share this comment