Double stacking crops with planter box/farm

WanderingKid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

It's possible to double-stack crops using planter boxes, particularly useful for crops that don't require hydroponics.  It just depends on the order you place the objects.

Create two farm tiles.  In one, plant your crop of choice, say mushroom MealLice.  Now, try to place planter boxes.  You can place it on top of the unplanted tile, but not the planted one (which is why I'm assuming this is an exploit).  Now, with your planter box built, plant yourself two mushrooms MealLice in the same space, one in the box, one in the farm.  Both will grow correctly.

EDIT: I was wrong about the mushrooms.  So far I have been only able to do this with Meal Lice.  Sorry about that.

P9hzie3.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
See description of exploit above. Create a farm tile, don't plant. Build planter box on top of it. Now plant in both.

User Feedback

Works with all plants. If you put a door on such a block, you can go through it without opening it.
The bug is activated through copying. First we copy the block with the plant, then the empty block.
This way you can repeat many times, by setting many elements on top of each other.

Oxy.jpg

Share this comment