Crittes hangs with empty action when loses groomed status outside stable.

kzetwro
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I'm using stables with opened doors. I spotted that some critters (hatches, pips) stops performing any actions. I've chacked and it lookes that they have empy status (as on added screenshot). It look's that it happens when critter loses "groomed" status. Also it looks that it does not happen when there is many other critters around.

obraz_2023-02-03_112654095.png

Steps to Reproduce

Create stable. Put a hatch ot pip there. Oper door on the one side and allow critter to walk out far from stable. Wait till groomed status will expire.

DxDiag.txt Optimalia.zip

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

One more thing I forgot to add. Wrangling cancels state.

Just now, kzetwro said:

One more thing I forgot to add. Wrangling cancels state.

And save and reload too.

Share this comment

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue but have made a few fixes to critter behavior in U45. Please let us know if it happens again.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Thanks for letting us know.

If anyone has some insights into how to reproduce this issue please let us know. Saves would certainly help too. Maybe there's a commonality between all the saves.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 2/25/2023 at 4:18 AM, EricKlei said:

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue but have made a few fixes to critter behavior in U45. Please let us know if it happens again.

Months after an update and I'm currently playing game with DLC and have still this error. When there appears much critters on main asteroid and problem disappears I've spotted this error on new one. It's east to reproduce. Create stable for few critters and open door(s) of stable, Groom critters, let them to move freely until groomed status expires. Best critter to reproduce it is as I think Pip especially if it has possibility to go far away from stable, somewher where it become alone.

Share this comment

This issue has been difficult to track down as it's very timing and situation specific. It happens more often when critters can roam between rooms through an open door like in this save but there reports without open doors.

In today's update to the public testing branch we included a fix for it. Please let us know if you encounter it again and are playing on this branch please let us know. This fix will go live to everyone in a couple days when the update goes live.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment