Critters get stuck for no reason.

WerewolfsX
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello.

So I'm experiencing this bug where, as seen in the pic below, critters are getting randomly stuck. This bug occurs randomly and I'm not exactly sure why.stuck.thumb.PNG.df69ed0624c89f699cef1f25e60059a3.PNG

As you can see the door is open between the two rooms and the critters move fine normally through them and even respond to the grooming call by dupes. They have in their status this empty dot for status which does not offer any details or explanations.

My set up is odd i admit i have the farm and the stable as 2 different rooms so i get benefits from both depending where the critter is. The bug is very random and does not happen on specific times, however it can be resolved if i either wrangle and drop the critter or if i save and exit. Is this something due to my odd set up or is that just not supposed to be the case?

Steps to Reproduce

Well a similar set up to mine with an open door between the rooms should work it's just a matter of time. This happens with Sweetles too. Have not tested with other critters since it's those that improve the plants. 

DxDiag.txt Base.sav

User Feedback

I am having a similar issue -but I know what is causing it, I think.

My pets and Pre-Evolutionary food sources are getting stuck when my dupe is calling for them to be groomed, some even have the "waiting animation" for the critter (stone hatches laying on the ground being impatient, etc) and the critter never goes to the station. It sits there, stuck, and the dupe stays in a loop of whistling for it to come over. This has eaten up entire cycles of time for my tamer - and isn't resolving. I have to manually re-catch the critter (easy on Hatches, would probably be impossible on things that need traps)

Something is wrong with the 'queue to use grooming station' new feature, where a line is formed, but one is ignored, stuck, or a 'ghost' version of the critter that never makes it to the station.

Share this comment

On 11/13/2022 at 7:18 AM, Kissker said:

I am having a similar issue -but I know what is causing it, I think.

My pets and Pre-Evolutionary food sources are getting stuck when my dupe is calling for them to be groomed, some even have the "waiting animation" for the critter (stone hatches laying on the ground being impatient, etc) and the critter never goes to the station. It sits there, stuck, and the dupe stays in a loop of whistling for it to come over. This has eaten up entire cycles of time for my tamer - and isn't resolving. I have to manually re-catch the critter (easy on Hatches, would probably be impossible on things that need traps)

Something is wrong with the 'queue to use grooming station' new feature, where a line is formed, but one is ignored, stuck, or a 'ghost' version of the critter that never makes it to the station.

I can totally agree now that you mention that. I've started to notice it too its about the grooming. And now after looking into it further ive started to see a bunch of new issues with how grooming works now. Many times critters get stuck in "excited" or getting "being groomed" status and you have to wrangle them to fix them. Not sure why this is happening but it is definitely connected with my bug here.

Share this comment

I have excact the same issue. Creature will stop moving with blank status. I did some testing and it seems that its happening when creature can walk outsude of the stable.

• Like 1

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Ill.Skillz said:

I have excact the same issue. Creature will stop moving with blank status. I did some testing and it seems that its happening when creature can walk outsude of the stable.

This is my experience too. Only my critters that are permitted to leave the stable are affected - in my setup, that's just Sweetles and Grubgrubs.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, skulllady said:

This is my experience too. Only my critters that are permitted to leave the stable are affected - in my setup, that's just Sweetles and Grubgrubs.

It is also related to a grooming station as @Kissker have said. If you disable grooming station bug will go away. This bug will accure only when creatures can leave the stable and you have active grooming station.

Share this comment

I am having this problem too, critters become stuck whilst queuing for grooming, resulting in endless whistling. Rebuilding grooming station and reloading do not resolve it, I just kill the offending critter.

20221117141414_1.jpg

Share this comment

Klei, are we gonna fix this game breaking issue or we will wait for a little bit more? Its legit game breaking, i cant farm any decent amount of meat. I was running hatch ranch for a 800 cycles and i have only few dusend of creatures when usually ill have hundreds at this point.

Share this comment

same here - it seems to happen when TAME critter are outside of stable (moved by themself by an "open" door) but need to be groomed again...

Share this comment

I have quitted the game because of this. But it seems that no one in klay thinks that this is a game breaking bug. 

• Like 1

Share this comment