Crash upon launch during white screen

Seakawn
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

The game worked fine the first time I booted it up. Played it all day yesterday. But I left my computer on with the game running all night, and it was pretty slow this morning (although my FPS wasn't exactly smooth to begin with, but it was fine for the most part). So I restarted my computer, and now the game crashes when I try to run it.

I click the game application through Steam to run. The windowed mode appears, all of it a white screen--as if it's loading up. Then either immediately or just a few seconds later, I get a crash report window, and the application of course closes as I click OK.

Computer specs:

Sony VAIO All-In-One, Windows 7
Intel Core i5 CPU
M 450 @ 2.40GHz
6 GB RAM
64-bit OS

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 310M

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Edit: Tried reinstalling runtime 2015. Still no luck.

Edit: turned off Steam Updates to only check for updates when launching a game. Then the game worked again. So I exited the game, restored my backup (because I tried reinstalling it), and it's back to crashing again...

Steps to Reproduce
Just trying to open up/run the game. It opens up freezing on a white screen before anything loads further.

User Feedback

TBH the game should't even have worked the first time. You have a directx 10 graphics chip but the game requires a directx 11 chip. So really the question should be why the game worked the first time.

Share this comment

That's not reassuring. So even though it's capable of working under the right conditions (whatever those conditions may be), I may ultimately not end up getting any help just because I don't meet min spec requirements? =/

I'd be ecstatic if someone knew how to help me figure out how it initially worked the first time. I bought the game yesterday and was looking forward to playing more again today.

Edited by Seakawn

Share this comment

It means I don't even know why or how you were able to play that first time and unless someone can figure out why you're most likely to be screwed cuz being below the requirements means no official fixes for your problem.

Share this comment