Crash on successfully deconstructing running Kiln

Kaytrox
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hey guys,

So I stumbled across this, and for easy demonstration I'v uploaded my save with the bug basically being queued up.

Just let it run look at the kiln(Under the Drecko Farm to the left) and it crashes.

I saw that someone submitted a similar thing just before christmas, but its still pending. As this is potentionally dangerous for people who might not realize that it is the kiln and then have a broken save, I want to make sure you didn't forget about it. He also doesn't mention that you need to have something queued while its getting deconstructed.

Steps to reproduce are consistent on my end, in case you can't reproduce it, I can be of service.

There is no output_log.txt in steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data, so I couldn't include it.

This is the bug report I mentioned:

And as you can see it is not mentioning that having something queued is important. Which might be why its left pending.

For affected Users: Quick fix is to load the save, leave it on pause, clear the queues on the kilns and then deconstruct, as soon as you cleared the queue, it doesn't matter whether its running or not. GL

Will be happy to help out,

Kay

Sewer.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build Kiln, make it run and still have something in queue(Important), in this case I tested it with ceramic. Put deconstruction order, and wait.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I also want to add that a kiln, if cancelled keeps producing heat. Aka, if I queue up 10 ceramic, and have the items delivered, then go and clear the queue(By clicking the number, putting in 0 and press enter), then empty the storage, it stays active while still producing 20kDTU/s with no contents.

I've tested it in a test world, and it ran for 5 cycles with no contents, so yeah thats a bug for sure.

ONI.png

Share this comment