Attached save crashes a few second after loading with the attached <output_log.txt>. Using the latter, I've traced the issue to duplicant Frankie attempting to eat at a hospital mess table. As soon as he approaches the table, the game crashes.
- This was an autosave of cycle 631. There were no crashes the first time this played through and the issue is specific to loading the save. I decided not to save the game in progress (mid way through cycle 631) and attempted to pickup from this autosave when first encountering the problem.
- I have another autosave from the cycle before (cycle 630; not attached) where a different duplicant tries to access the same table. it just so happens this group is eating around the time of autosaving.
- There are currently not enough mess tables for all duplicants. Looks like I'll be getting around to that sooner rather than later.
- Two autosaves before this (cycle 629; not attached) is fine. Mess tables haven't been touched for hundreds of cycles on this save, nor has the layout of this part of the base. The only high-level difference I can detect between autosaves for cycle 629 (working), 630 (not working), and 631 (not working) as it related to mess tables is the first-time usage of table salt. At the time of cycle 631, only some of the tables have it, and for cycle 629 I hadn't started making it yet. Call me crazy all you want, but after 630 cycles, that's some coincidence.
- I seem to be able to move ahead if I change any of the mess table assignments before the crash. I haven't assessed long-term stability of this save beyond this error yet though, but it definitely stops the initial crash. I'm currently conflicted if I should fully revert to cycle 629 or try to continue from cycle 631 avoiding the initial crash.
- I play with mods, but this was also reproduced with all mods deselected and a crash report via the game crash screen was sent 15 hours ago.
Load the save and observe duplicant Frankie as outlined in the description until crash. No player interaction is required. I originally was able to get more specific on this when I removed all the mess table assignments in the great hall one at a time with the game paused. I noted when I was finished that Frankie was still showing as assigned. Once assigning him somewhere else, the hospital mess table goes dark and needs to be re-assigned to the hospital. This is the same mess table he heads for before the crash.
A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now