Crash on Klei Startup Screen

Supremeuk
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I have lots of hours on this game, and never an issue, however yesterday the game will not go part the Klei Orange logo, and crashes/closes down.

After the crash, I did a check on windows updates and installed what was recommended.  I also updated my Geforce 970 drivers, checked directx and c++ libraries.  None of this helped, so I uninstalled the game, and manually deleted any left over folders in the steamapps path related to ONI.  I have reinstalled through Steam, and exact same issue still occurs.  I have looked for an errorlog, however there is no crash report.

Details of my machine:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: 1402 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32688MB RAM

Page File: 8018MB used, 29533MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Steps to Reproduce
Launch game via Steam Game launches with Klei logo Game crashes/closes

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@Supremeuk,

Can you please try deleting the file "kplayerprefs.yaml" which should be in "Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded", and then running the game again?  I'm wondering if there are some bad display resolution values in that file which might be causing issues on startup, based on this line from your output_log:

Reapplying a resolution of 0x0 @0hz (fullscreen: True)

Let me know if deleting the kplayerprefs has any effect.

Share this comment