Conveyor Loader and Incubators auto fed with automation disabled + egg cracker conflicts

SirPhoboseus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Automated nymph farm not possible.

I'm using 1 auto-sweeper, 3 incubators, 1 conveyor loader, 4 critter counters, 1 not-gate, and 3 and-gates.  It doesn't matter how I setup the automation because the auto-sweeper will fill up the buildings with the highest priority regardless of the automation grid status to the building.

Also, in order to have the auto-sweeper be able to fill the incubator, the incubators must be set to 'continuous'.  That glitches the egg crackers.  The egg crackers wont show the available eggs because they are auto-queued on 'continuous' in the incubator.  The dupes will still go crack the eggs if queue an egg thats is queued in the incubator but the egg cracker wont show there are any available eggs.  It will just look like there are no eggs available.  Also the availability will not show up in the resource list however if you click on the name of the egg showing 0 in the resource list the game will move the camera onto the egg.

Incubators get filled with an egg when they are disabled by the automation grid.

The conveyor loader will get filled up with an egg when it is disabled by the automation grid.

The only thing determining which building is loaded with an egg is the priority of the building.

Automation setup:

Critter counter 1: if 3 critters are present: Enable conveyor loader and not-gate disable incubator and-gates.

Critter counter 1: If less than 3 critters: Disable conveyor loader and not-gate enable incubator and-gates.

Critter counter 2: If less than 3 critters: Enable incubator 1's and-gate.

Critter counter 3: If less than 2 critters: Enable incubator 2's and-gate.

Critter counter 4: If less than 1 critter: Enable incubator 3's and-gate.

HOWEVER: Only priority determines which will be filled by the auto-sweeper.

I also discovered, you don't need electricity to incubate eggs.  I am going to deconstruct the power wires because the only thing these powered incubators are doing is heating up the area to 110*F. 

Broken system.  Please fix.  I'm worried this will not get fixed since the developers are already selling new content.  I paid for broken game ='(

I have included the save file.  There's one egg in the incubator, and one egg that is not on continuous incubate in the loader.

Thank you <3

Harder Cosmos.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Put auto sweeper, conveyor loader, and incubator in the same room.

Disable automation grid to incubator and set to priority 2

Enable automation grid to conveyor loader and set to priority 1.

Incubator gets filled up by autosweeper.

Vice-Versa

Disable automation grid to conveyor loader and set to priority 2.

Enable automation grid to incubator and set to priority 1.

Conveyor loader gets filled up.

Nymph Farm Automation Schematic.png

User Feedback

is this a bug or is the automation just broken?

Seems like automation only controls whether these buildings use electricity or not.

Share this comment