Consistent crashes / Unable to find proper string for KKeyCode and more warnings in log

Tsarkyyy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Whatever the dupes are doing to build my base, the game keeps crashing consistently.
I have no idea how to fix the game even if i try to figure out on whats in the logfile.

Try it out for yourself with .sav file in attachment. Let it run for a minute and it will crash... every time. At least on my computer.
Is there anything i can do to fix this?

SimDLL_CRASH_release_372041_20191114-22.44.21.dmp

Troubleshooting.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Let it play for a minute and it will crash

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

Hi! Thanks for the save and the report.

The good news is this crash has been fixed already and will be in the next live update. The fix is already live in the testing branch (linked below), if you don't mind playing on the testing branch you can do that already. Don't forget backups and such.

If you don't want to switch, there is an immediate term solution: cancel all the pending construction of liquid pipes that you've got going. This will prevent the crash from happening, and you can rebuild the sections as needed. Something about the way your pipes are laid and the way the dupes decided to build them will trigger it.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Thank you for finding the problem! Your team got a great game out there. Can't wait to continue delving towards outer space :)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment