complete crash at startup

JorgeUll
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

i click the game icon on steam, a white window opens for a couple seconds and then a crash notification appears and everything closes when i hit ok, i was able to play several months ago when i first bought it, left it until today and get this error.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
open game on steam

User Feedback

59 minutes ago, NoMoe said:

Yeah, ty that helped me2. But will they ever be compatible? -___-

See the box that says "Custom Direct3D support"? Enable that

Image result for rivatuner

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi there. I have the same issue. Just got the game the other day. I have tried to verify game files, everything is updated (grafics etc.) did the uninstall/install Microsoft Visual ++, system spec is above the req., firewall allows the game etc. (See Klei troubleshootguide) I had no luck with that.

I also tried this> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982971174752598/ and it took me so far to a screen, but now I get a crash text box. 

So far I have no luck with getting the game to launch.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Share this comment

7 hours ago, FenrisDK said:

Hi there. I have the same issue. Just got the game the other day. I have tried to verify game files, everything is updated (grafics etc.) did the uninstall/install Microsoft Visual ++, system spec is above the req., firewall allows the game etc. (See Klei troubleshootguide) I had no luck with that.

I also tried this> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982971174752598/ and it took me so far to a screen, but now I get a crash text box. 

So far I have no luck with getting the game to launch.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Please make your own report. Just cuz someone else is crashing doesn't mean it's the same problem as you. 

Share this comment

No problem, will do. Was simply under the impression, that I should first find similar subject before posting a new. As they wrote on Steam : " If you run into any bugs, crashes, or issues, please visit the Oxygen Not Included Bug Tracker and see if anyone else has had issue like your own. If yes, add to the discussion! If you can't find your issue, add a new one and we'll take a look at it as soon as we can. "

Share this comment

5 hours ago, FenrisDK said:

No problem, will do. Was simply under the impression, that I should first find similar subject before posting a new. As they wrote on Steam : " If you run into any bugs, crashes, or issues, please visit the Oxygen Not Included Bug Tracker and see if anyone else has had issue like your own. If yes, add to the discussion! If you can't find your issue, add a new one and we'll take a look at it as soon as we can. "

The thing about crashes is that it is a very big area and there are so many things that could cause it such that if the only symptom is crashing then it is most likely not the same. Even when you have multiple symptoms, they could have very different causes depending. 

Also if there are multiple people each with their own issue in one bug report then people would get confused over which troubleshooting step applies with them since there would be too many things to keep track off. So unless it's very clear everyone is having the same problem, it is better to make a new report.

Share this comment

On 29-12-2017 at 7:40 PM, AlexRou said:

Turn off RivaTuner

any other suggestions since i've never used rivatuner or any software of that sort?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, JorgeUll said:

any other suggestions since i've never used rivatuner or any software of that sort?

Sorry, that was mean't for that one guy. I'm not quite sure what your problem is. However I'm noticing a pattern, AMD graphics and possibly the new drivers.

What you can try is wipe the drivers and install a older version. The most this would do if it doesn't help is waste some time so might as well.

Use this to do the wipe: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Share this comment