CO2 geyser emitting chlorine

Zampy
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

A geyser in Maxera (don't know if the name stays the same, anyway, the second asteroid, connected by teleporter, i started in the swamp asteroid) is supposed to emit CO2, however the room, locked, is constantly filling in chlorine. It seems to still be emitting CO2, but i've got kilos of chlorine there. I think there was a little bit of chlorine when i let the geyser free, but i can't remember exactly.

(save file attached)

world seed: SWMP-C-312145817-0

world generated the 23rd December.

Bug report.sav

Steps to Reproduce

I dug the geyser, closed it in insulated tiles and analyzed it. There may have been some chlorine when i dug the geyser, but i can't remember if it was because of the geyser itself. Chlorine has been emitted for 100+ cycles of activity.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I believe the chlorine gas is being cooled by the liquid carbon dioxide and turning into liquid chlorine. When I remove all the gases there it only emits liquid carbon dioxide. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am able to reproduce the issue.

Steps to reproduce:

1 - Load attached save, which contains a capped CO2 geyser.

2 - Wait 30 sec (in-game) for CO2 geyser to erupt.

Expected behavior: CO2 geyser emits CO2.

Observed behavior: from ~90 sec, CO2 geyser begins emitting liquid Cl. After a few minutes the room contains several kg of Cl that was not present beforehand.

First post, hitting upload caps. I'll see if I can reply in a sec with screenshots.

30 sec.sav

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

It turns out this was a long standing bug with temperature transfer. This will be fixed in the next update to the public testing branch. Your save was really helpful in reproducing the issue. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment