Can't Relocate Wrangled Critters to Stable

Fweeh
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

My rancher can wrangle a hatch to restrain it, but then won't relocate the hatch to the stable.  I have a critter drop-off with all options selected, a feeder, and a grooming station all set to priority 9.  When I select the rancher and hover over the grooming station, I get the message that there are no critters available.  There is no sweep option on wrangled critters.

Space Base.sav

Steps to Reproduce
This has happened in two separate games. I haven't figured out what's causing it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Did you change priorities to have the rancher at //\\(2 arrows) and everything else less?

Is there access from the wrangled critter to the stables, more precisely, to the critter drop off? (Maybe you placed it too high or there is a door-hatch in-between that isn't letting dupes pass)?

Share this comment

7 hours ago, martosss said:

Did you change priorities to have the rancher at //\\(2 arrows) and everything else less?

Is there access from the wrangled critter to the stables, more precisely, to the critter drop off? (Maybe you placed it too high or there is a door-hatch in-between that isn't letting dupes pass)?

I've gone as far as changing every priority to X and have tested ranching both at //\\ and with the wrench icon.  The rancher goes idle.  There's a wild hatch in the stable room already, so I've ruled out access as an issue.

Share this comment

I just opened your save file - I don't see a critter drop off anywhere in your base. There are 3 hatches, but ... without a dropoff you can't release them, they'll just stay wrangled in their places for some time(0.25 cycles i think) and then escape from the rope.

image.thumb.png.47f09debdbcb3a76934cd75369369650.png

Once more, I couldn't see a dropoff in your base, so I built one myself and set it up - all critters, subpriority 9. Your rancher also didn't have //\\ on his Ranch priority, he had farming chosen as highest priority, so I changed that too.

Share this comment

I must have grabbed the save file before saving - sorry about that.  By the time I posted here I had the drop off set to priority 9, grooming station to 9, and rancher at everything but ranching disabled, and ranching on the wrench.

It looks like there might be a conflict between having Sweep Only and All checked at the same time, since once I replicated what you have for the stable management it's working now.

Thank you very much!

Share this comment

You're welcome :)

Actually, I'm not sure Sweep is applicable to this building, as wrangled critters don't have a sweep option! Maybe that's what causes the issue.

It would be nice if someone could explain how the Sweep only works in this building ?

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Changed Note: to In the Expression Upgrade that is due to be released on Thursday this should be resolved. We've cleaned up the UI on which buildings can be "sweep only". Might have missed one or two by accident but it should be better. The testing branch should already see this change.

Share this comment