cant open game, stuck on logo!

Wilson-brb
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

cant play the game, everytime i open it , it just gets stuck on logo screen.

people said to delete this file '' kplayerprefs.yaml'' but i cant locate it

please help!. thank you.

Steps to Reproduce

1: open the game

2:the logo will appear and wont leave it 

User Feedback

It's located in Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded and you can try deleting it but it might not solve the problem. When was the last time you were able to play the game? Does the game close after a while or stay on the logo indefinitely?

Your log ends when it tries to initialize Steam. Could you try reinstalling the game?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

21 hours ago, EricKlei said:

It's located in Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded and you can try deleting it but it might not solve the problem. When was the last time you were able to play the game? Does the game close after a while or stay on the logo indefinitely?

Your log ends when it tries to initialize Steam. Could you try reinstalling the game?

Yeah i tried looking in there for the file but there is only cloudsave.

I dont remember that well but i think march 2021.

Stays indefinitely.

Reinstalling did not work..

Share this comment

Do you have any security or antivirus software which could be interfering with launching the game? We have a section in our support documentation with some troubleshooting steps though it seems you tried many of them.

Could you confirm that your Steam client is up to date? Help -> About Steam. Here's mine for comparison. Note, Steam -> Check for Steam Client Updates sometimes is unreliable so make sure you compare to Help -> About Steam.

image.png

The issue appears to be the game is stuck trying to initialize the connection to Steam. Have you encountered issues with other Steam games before?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

17 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Do you have any security or antivirus software which could be interfering with launching the game? We have a section in our support documentation with some troubleshooting steps though it seems you tried many of them.

Could you confirm that your Steam client is up to date? Help -> About Steam. Here's mine for comparison. Note, Steam -> Check for Steam Client Updates sometimes is unreliable so make sure you compare to Help -> About Steam.

image.png

The issue appears to be the game is stuck trying to initialize the connection to Steam. Have you encountered issues with other Steam games before?

''Do you have any security or antivirus software which could be interfering with launching the game'' i dont think so..

''Could you confirm that your Steam client is up to date?'' i checked and yeah its the same.

''Have you encountered issues with other Steam games before?'' no, only oni :/

Share this comment

If you have security or antivirus software installed it will usually have a system tray icon near the clock. Windows Defender is pre-installed on Windows for example. Normally the game would timeout when it's unable to establish a connection to Steam, which suggests there could be an external issue either in your Steam client or some other software on your computer interfering with it.

I suggest looking through the support document I shared above and this one. Check security software, controlled folder access, firewall permissions, etc. You could also consider reinstalling the Steam client. There are ways to do this without needing to reinstall all your games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment