Cannot use Manual Generator

quinnywinniewan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I built a Manual Generator, to power my microbe musher.  I added the wires (making sure they reached the electrical plug symbol) and then realized to get a duplicate on the Manual Generator I had to assign them that job.  Unfortunately I could not activate the jobs without building a job board which requires job research which is done in a research lab which requires energy.  But I have no energy because I can't get a duplicate on it on the Manual Generator to make energy.  I could be missing an alternative way to get energy that gets around this issue, but I looked around the internet and game quite a bit and couldn't find a way around it.  

Steps to Reproduce
I just started the game, so I don't have access to most things (particularly the jobs tab and any other energy building). I connected the wires to the Microbe Masher and then connected it to the Research Lab once I realized I needed one. Again I made sure that the wires were properly connected to all of the buildings. At that point I couldn't do anything else to help the situation. I also checked that there was enough space for the duplicate to fit because I know it has to be two blocks tall for them to fit.

User Feedback

you don't need a job

as long as a dupe can do the "operate" task they will use the manual generator

try increasing the priority of the manual generator 

Share this comment

"technically" this could work, but in reality you always want to build a battery, this should both trigger duplicant to use generator, and enable you to "buffer" it.

Share this comment

I have the same problem. i just got the game, and i did everything they did, and it said i need to assign the job from the job tab to make them work the manual generator, but i cant unlock the job tab without the research station and i cant use that without power. I did try increasing the priority, but it didn't work. on my my third game trying it it told me the battery was full, when it was not. 

I don't know if this is a new problem, but it is awful. i can't play the game without power, and nothing i try works and it get frustrating.

Edited by yvonna
realized i spelt a word wrong

Share this comment