Cannot select options in Deconstruct/Cancel menus

Aevum
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

When selection Destroy or Cancel in the UI, the current selection is automatically removed.

bug3.jpg

Selecting "All" Works but selecting anything else leads to the option being rapidly selected then becoming un-selected right after.

bug2.jpgbug1.jpg

This bug only occurs in live branch, not [archive_branch]

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
1. Start new game or load existing save 2. select deconstruct or cancel

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I couldn't reproduce the issue. Have you rebound any keys by any chance? Do you open the menu using keyboard shortcuts or are you using the mouse? What did you click on just before opening the cancel/deconstruct menu?

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Cheerio said:

I couldn't reproduce the issue. Have you rebound any keys by any chance? Do you open the menu using keyboard shortcuts or are you using the mouse? What did you click on just before opening the cancel/deconstruct menu?

Haven't rebound anything. Tried to reset everything to default, uninstalled the game and deleted registry and files stored in documents.

It happens using both keyboard shortcut or clicking the option with the mouse. Have tried to unplug all unused USB devices.

I did notice that if I intentionally unbind pan up or pan down, the view will get stuck going up or down permanently until loading an old save or starting a new game. Not sure if that's related.

Edited by Aevum

Share this comment

Do you have any gamepads or flight sticks or any other usb devices connected other than your mouse/keyboard?

Share this comment

Alright I figured out the issue. The automatic panning when unbinding the normal pan keys gave me a clue.

I had a virtual joystick installed which apperantly had the hat switch permanently locked to hat-up.... it came from a program called vjoy ppjoy virtual joystick.

I don't know why joystick hat switches make these issues happen, console version confirmed? But I uninstalled the program and that fixed it.

Edited by Aevum

Share this comment

That's most likely a bug on our side but that gives me enough information to figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Share this comment