Bunker doors opens and closes several times

FollowStrong
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

User Feedback

There is no "bug" that i can see. Your scan quality is lacking. The radar clearly detects something, that forces the doors to close. When the doors close, your scan quality will drop to zero, which means the radar cannot detect the incoming meteor (or other object) and thus it will give an "all clear" signal, causing the doors to open. This will then begin to repeat.

A solution would be to use a Memory Toggle:

image.thumb.png.c44ca707d022f32077412cc60b35b9b6.png

In this case, the radar will detect a meteor shower, thus closing the bunker doors. The doors will remain closed, until you give a positive input on the Reset input of the Memory toggle (like say,  a switch). This is not fully automatic, as you would still have to manually control the reset switch, but it's better than having the bunker doors automatically open.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Lunkdolt said:

There is no "bug" that i can see. Your scan quality is lacking.

And yet this is a bug, because without superspeed it works as it should.

7 hours ago, Lunkdolt said:

When the doors close, your scan quality will drop to zero, which means the radar cannot detect the incoming meteor (or other object) and thus it will give an "all clear" signal, causing the doors to open.

But sometimes the radar works fine, even with 0 scan quality it doesn't open the doors. It looks like some random **** to me.

Edited by FollowStrong

Share this comment

It's true, the radar works fine for most applications (at least for my applications) through the bunker doors as well. I believe it's so that the more scan quality you have, the longer the warning time before meteor shower (or incoming rocket). 0% scan quality is essentially 0 seconds of prewarning.

I cannot comment on the superspeed, because i have never used anything like that. Is it normal or debug option?

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Lunkdolt said:

I cannot comment on the superspeed, because i have never used anything like that. Is it normal or debug option?

It's a debug option. But actually I can't predict Scanner behavior. Some groups of scanner works fine and at the same time others do something weird on any speed.

Share this comment