Black sections of the mid/background layer, changes location when zooming

Dopey
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Randomly while playing and moving the camera around, sections of the screen will go black in the background layer. (1/4 or 3/8 of the screen out from the center)

Generally it cycles around and ends with a clear proper render or the top right quarter kept blacked out.

This was first noticed heavily in the tubular preview and continues now in the ranching preview.  I don't remember encountering it in my many hours in the automation upgrade.

5ZlTtpd.png

uc13O8Y.png

68JevMK.png

Sometime I luck out

GCbX2cp.png

New textures in the newer versions taxing my video memory?  Bad shaders cutting out early? 

Old driver on my end?  My graphics card is legacy (AMD HD5450) now so maybe just driver getting outdated...

I've attached DxDiag and output_log.

Good Day.

Steps to Reproduce
While playing wait a while and scroll wheel zoom in and out. Have my same graphics hardware and driver???

User Feedback

I get the same problems on AMD Radeon HD 6450 quite frequently, more often as more of the map gets revealed. Large sections of the map get a black background. I can happen when I'm scrolling but also when I'm not supplying any user input at all. The black sections can appear immediately after I load a game (or typically reload). The screenshots from Dopey match my problem.

Scrolling the map in one direction might see the black section stay fixed relative to the screen position. Scrolling in other directions might see the black section stay fixed relative to the map. If I force a new view, by choosing to follow a duplicant, the black sections vanish temporarily but soon come back and I generally have to restart the game.

Share this comment