Black Screen on Startup

Sutaringu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The start-up screen loads just fine. Then when I click the resume button on my colony, I see the loading screen for a while, then a white screen for a split second, and then goes back to my desktop. I can hear the game music, and the mouse cursor looks like the in-game one, and I can listen to the button sounds as I move the mouse around. But I can't see the game. I can hear it running, but I can't see it. I have tried restarting my computer and restarting steam with no luck. Please help. I am running windows 10. 

Steps to Reproduce
Open steam, start-up oxygen not included, click resume on the title screen, then see loading screen than white screen for a second or two and then back to the desktop, but I can hear the game running, and my mouse works like the game is running.

User Feedback

Hello @Sutaringu, welcome to the forums.

It's possible that there's a resolution rendering issue. Though I cannot guarantee it. Others may be able to offer better help. In the mean time, have you run through the possible troubleshooting methods found here: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029880551-Oxygen-Not-Included-Troubleshooting-Guide

Often with rendering issues, trying to update your GPU drivers might fix the problem. Did you ever fiddle with the game resolution? Maybe it's stuck rendering at a very large resolution that your monitor cannot accommodate. You did say you were able to open the game up until you LOADED a save. Check your options.

Those are the only ideas I can think of that might help, if none of that works try the other methods from the link above.

Share this comment