Black screen on start up

Aldair0
  • Pending

Upon starting the game it simply loads to a black screen. I hear the music playing and mouse moves just fine. I can alt-tab out and in. No error windows. I have the most up to date video drivers and am well above the minimum requirements. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and verify game integrity multiple times. At this point I have left it at the menu for 15 minutes straight and have no lag, no errors, and the music is still quite nice.

I noticed that output_log.txt gets larger and larger as I sit at the menu. I have let it get as large as 161mb. 

The log appears normal until it repeats the following selection repeatedly.

RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0
UnityEngine.Graphics:Blit(Texture, RenderTexture)
CameraRenderTexture:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at C:\jenkins\workspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\scripts\game\Rendering\CameraRenderTexture.cs:31)

[C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Graphics/RenderTexture.cpp line 259] 
(Filename: C:/jenkins/workspace/Release_SimGame/Assets/scripts/game/Rendering/CameraRenderTexture.cs Line: 31)

Log and DxDiag attached.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Start game, wait.

User Feedback

I updated to the most up-to-date drivers NVIDIA offers prior to submitting the bug. I double checked and reinstalled the drivers and the black screen is still present.

I have noticed one oddity since posting. Your minimum requirements posted say the game takes approximately 2gb of space. Steam, when preparing to download the game says it requires 889gb of space. The full download is only 253gb. However, as stated earlier, game cache says everything is good to go.

Share this comment

Sorry I missed the part where you said you updated your drivers. That's my fault. When you say that the full download is only 253gb do you mean that's how big the game is on disk? My local steam copy of the game is 889gb. 

Share this comment

889mb on disk. So it's not that. Unfortunate.

Steam visibly downloads 253mb then stops. I'm not sure what it does past that.

Edited by Aldair0

Share this comment