Black Screen on start up. Music playing

Naruuk
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

On startup of game, nothing but a black screen and the background music. I've updated video drivers and reinstalled the game.

This is at game launch. No main menu.

I'm running this on a laptop.

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
Run the game.

User Feedback

For anyone else having a similar issue:

Once the game is loaded to a black screen, hit alt+enter to enter windowed mode. Find the Small window header on your screen somewhere and expand it. Or simply hit alt+enter again seems to work. Looks to be a problem with the unity engine.

Either way, I'm all fixed up now! Happy holidays

Share this comment

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎24 at 3:24 PM, Naruuk said:

For anyone else having a similar issue:

Once the game is loaded to a black screen, hit alt+enter to enter windowed mode. Find the Small window header on your screen somewhere and expand it. Or simply hit alt+enter again seems to work. Looks to be a problem with the unity engine.

Either way, I'm all fixed up now! Happy holidays

This did not work for me, however py pressing shift as I started the game from steam and then chosing windowed mode when chosing display options fixed it for me. I also looked at this post which helped (although i didn't wuite understand Everything): https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982971174752598/

Edited by claesson26
Managed to solve, so updated
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 30/12/2017 at 11:40 AM, claesson26 said:

This did not work for me, however py pressing shift as I started the game from steam and then chosing windowed mode when chosing display options fixed it for me. I also looked at this post which helped (although i didn't wuite understand Everything): https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982971174752598/

I was ready to make a new topic on the subject, speaking many details about the error, but your comment was simple and I think this topic of steam already describes enough of the problem. Thank you very much, for 1 week I was with this error.

Anyway I will put the link of the video I made, reproducing the error, and my game log with the description of the error. In case this helps the producer in any way.

Link to the video.

output_log.txt

Share this comment