Bitcrushed/Reduced Audio

Napalmishott
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I recently started playing and I love everything except for this intermittent audio issue I have. To me, it sounds like the sample rate of the game is changing or going out of sync which results in the audio sounding digitized, distorted, and fizzy.
I attempted to record the issue to post here but when my computer restarts the audio in the clip returns to normal so it doesn't bake into the recording - most likely an output issue. I can also confirm that it also affects the audio of other applications whenever it happens. I have yet to encounter this issue with anything else. As I said before, it comes and goes, usually every couple of cycles.

Troubleshooting:
-I've checked drivers
-Check for Updates
-Output settings, and verified every piece in the audio path is set to 48000/24
-OneDrive is not installed
-Steam file integrity
-There are no mods installed
-Only security is the built-in windows defender

Specs:
-Running audio at 48000Hz at 24 bit
-Audio path is Virtual Patch Cable -> Voicemeter -> Vitual Patch -> Audio Interface -> Speakers
-Windows 10 Home
-Ryzen 9 3950x CPU
-RTX 3080
-64Gb of RAM

Steps to Reproduce

Unsure. The issue will come and go within the game every 10 minutes or so. I feel like it most commonly occurs when the music cue for a new cycle plays. 

User Feedback

It sounds like a problem specific to your audio setup. Our sound designer suggested it could be a clock synchronization problem with your audio interface.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment