Baby Critters Hatched Outside of Incubator Aren't Wrangled (5+ year bug, still unfixed)

Harbo5
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Baby critters cannot be wrangled. This is a bug as far as I am concerned. No where in the game is this mechanic is described, and filters clearly imply this should be possible. There have been multiple reports of this bug for the last five years but somehow this is still an issue. If you're really dead-set about this, and it is not a bug (if that's the case, that's crazy, it's just an arbitrary inconvenience who's only solution is tedious micromanagement), at least update the Critter Drop Off description to make it clear this is not a bug. No where in game does it say that Auto-Wrangle doesn't work for baby critters.

I wasted 45 minutes in game trying to figure out what was wrong before I gave up and went to Google, only to find multiple, years old, un-answered bug reports with the same issue.

Here are several examples, from as far back at 2018. There are more, but I think this gets the point across:

It would be greatly appreciated if this was resolved. It's extremely confusing. I prefer you fix this by allowing babies to be wrangled, but if not, at least describe this mechanic in the tool tip or building description.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Make a room

2. Place a Critter Drop Off

3. Set a limit of 0 and select auto-wrangle

4. Place an egg

5. Wait for it to hatch naturally

6. Stare in frustration when your duplicant doesn't auto-wrangle the baby

• Like 2

User Feedback