Audio Failure on loading

Keisuki
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Dupe

Issue encountered: "A problem occurred initializing your audio device"

This message is encountered as soon as the game loads and, as one would expect, results in no audio in the game

Steps to Reproduce

DXDIAG.TXT output added for diagnostic purposes

Since moving house I have been suffering this error, Previously the game was working flawlessly
I have no audio issues with any other games/programs

Troubleshooting attempted:
At each stage of troubleshooting the game has been started to verify the issue still exists

Audio Drivers Reinstalled - Stock windows
Audio Drivers Reinstalled - Sourced from manufacturer
Graphics card drivers updated to current using Geforce experience following reading a previous thread suggesting ubdating the Nvidia Audio driver fixed the issue
Steam Validation of game files inplace
Uninstall Game - Reinstall
Uninstall Game - Install on C Drive (Previous location was D Drive)
Uninstall Game, Relocate Klei folders from Appdata/local and Appdata/locallow (Folders saved incase any further access to logs are needed)
Starting Game From "OxygenNotIncluded.EXE" instead of launching Via Steam Client result in Crash to desktop stating "Fatal Error: Another Instance is already Running"
Starting Game From "OxygenNotIncluded.EXE" as Administrator instead of launching Via Steam Client result in Crash to desktop stating "Fatal Error: Another Instance is already Running"

Please advise of what other measures I can do to attempt to fix this?

DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

Confirmed Resolved
Thankyou

Follow on info for possible notes
I have experimented with the disabled sources to figure out the cause - The source causing it was the  "DroidCam" which is a commonality with the linked ticket.

Share this comment

Glad to hear it was resolved and thanks for the additional information. We're still working on the FMOD upgrade so in the future this won't be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment