Arbitrary lack of pathing through water

Curo
  • Pending

Note the white line in the picture. I've encountered this at least three times. There are no obstructions, yet the dupes will not path past a certain point in the water. They were previously able to walk all the way to the edge (they built pipes over there), and seemingly nothing about the area has changed since then.
effd78a7c1.jpg

Manually moving a dupe to that area will fix the pathing issue, but only for that specific dupe.
be29fd0bff.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Usually happens with a long body of water.

User Feedback

Had the same isue with contaminated water. They can not go deep enought, eventrought I made a clear path with ladders. They can build to a point, but then they can't go back where ther were. Probably because the water raised due to pressure (started digging bellow water level.

• Is this a protection to keep them from drowning?

42Nrjsc.png

Edited by _PYRO42_
Adding a big heavy ass images to demonstrate the problem in "depth".

Share this comment

I am pretty sure they won't go farther than the point which forces them to drop halfway to suffocating before they resurface. But, I have noticed before that sometimes the ladder hits the bottom and the pathing only goes out one tile on the floor in either direction, when the water is not that deep, less than 10 meters.

Share this comment

Have seen similiar issues in my colonies. Not much water, yet there is no path through it. Manually I can move them, but that doesn't help if they need materials and not have them on them.

I've also had dupes twitching between going somewhere and being idle (the 'idle' message keeps flickering on and off, and the dupes is practically dancing in place). Those were dupes that were assigned worked that was unreachable due to water.

Share this comment

This is still an issue for me! I could use the "Move To" to bring him down the ladder, then he got all pathing available once in the water, so he decided to take something in the corner and then could never get back up again...

ppTywRT.jpg

Share this comment