Aquatuner Freezing Damage in 44C/112F water.

Orange26
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I get 'freezing damage' on a Thermal Aquatuner when I shouldn't.  I have two Thermal Aquatuners sitting just coverd in an insulated tank of polluted water with one space between them.  Clean water is being pumped though them in series to cool the freshwater and  I thought maybe eventually boil off some polluted water.

However the second aquatuner (or maybe its the pipe right at the connection) gets freezing damage, breaks and lets the fresh water into the tank. The thing is, it's no where near freezing.  No way it should freeze at 44C and higher  ever right? 

Steps to Reproduce
Build Two Thermal Aquatuners in a n insulated tank of water just big enough to hold them with one space between them. Have them just covered with polluted water. They are of course wired with heavy duty wire ans supplied with four natural gas generators and eight attacked batteries in the circuit. Pump hot clean water through them in series with a small U loop between the first and second. After a time, and perhaps after turning the power on and off there will be inexplicable freezing damage in very hot water.

User Feedback

Freezing damage is caused by water in the aquatuner being cooled below its freezing temperature, not by aquatuner being too cold itself.

Share this comment

I have the same issue. I have it set to only let water pass if it is below 23.6C/70F and the pipes keep taking freezing damage at that temperature. which is nowhere near freezing temp the water never hits freezing and my aquatuner is in a tank of oil.

Edited by Shadow_Nnja

Share this comment