Anti-entropy glitch too cold at high temp

Cheshire_dragon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

image.png.fcc399e125b47998c05ab720f8725e8c.pngthis has been problematic, the thermo-nullifier, it thinking that it's "too cold"  it happens on both nullifier on this map

Steps to Reproduce
attempt to send heat vier water to anti entropy thermo-nulifier for long game

User Feedback

I don't think this is a bug. The Thermo-Nullifier will not cool the gas around it into a liquid. In that image I can see a lot of steam around it.
All you need to do is build a box of oxygen (or even better, hydrogen) around it. Granite walls around it are good and cheep conductors.

If you want to make something more complicated you can build a gas pipe loop with one or more gas bridges in it, radiant gas pipes in a section that passes the thermal nullifier, and radiant pipes where you want your cooling. (Use hydrogen as the coolant inside the gas pipes as well)

Note: For a single thermal nullifier hydrogen filled radiant gas pipes work well, but for an entire base cooling system, I use liquid pipes with polluted water as coolant. It can only get as low as to -20C so it will require some automation for safety but one liquid pipe unit (10kg polluted water) has 17.4125x more thermal capacity than one gas pipe unit of hydrogen (1kg)

• Like 1

Share this comment

well to day the other one is working right, yesterday it was locked to +25C, this is a different spot on the same map. 0 changes made

image.png

Edited by Cheshire_dragon

Share this comment

On 9/13/2018 at 4:01 AM, xcube said:

I don't think this is a bug. The Thermo-Nullifier will not cool the gas around it into a liquid. In that image I can see a lot of steam around it.

What do you mean by "will not cool the gas around it"? It is intentionally not cooling gas when it's too hot? Also the "Too Cold" info has a tag telling you the surroundings of the nullifier may be too cold, which is very confusing since there is hot steam around it (I encountered this problem too and don't know what it actually means).

Share this comment

On 9/22/2018 at 7:24 AM, ThirdEye said:

What do you mean by "will not cool the gas around it"? It is intentionally not cooling gas when it's too hot? Also the "Too Cold" info has a tag telling you the surroundings of the nullifier may be too cold, which is very confusing since there is hot steam around it (I encountered this problem too and don't know what it actually means).

I know it is a bit confusing. Basically the thermal nullifier will check the tiles it is in, if one of them liquefies, or freezes at say 100C and the nullifier is < 105C (5C above the freezing/liquification point) it will stop working. This is the same with wheezeworts, they can go down to -60C, but not in CO2 as CO2's liquefaction point is above -60C.

Edit: removed redundant stuff that was already in my last post, and fixed spelling.

Edited by xcube

Share this comment