always crash when starting

Trblnfxn
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Pending

Hi,

my friend is send your game as a gift today.  every time I open the game, it crashes after loading screen. 

crash report is attached. 

crash report.rtf

Steps to Reproduce
every time i open the game

User Feedback

Your mac is sadly too old to play ONI. You're on possibly the last generation of macs under the min spec.

This may or may not change in the future as there have been some work in getting older hardware to work with ONI but whether that means they can officially support older hardware is still up in the air.

Share this comment

I got exactly same Mac, and issue with ONI.

I think its worth to mention that game run smoothly under win7 installed on computer....

Share this comment

5 hours ago, CCfen said:

I got exactly same Mac, and issue with ONI.

I think its worth to mention that game run smoothly under win7 installed on computer....

If the mac and win7 pc are different machines then no it is not worth to mention it.

That's like saying car A won't start but car B does so it is worth mentioning that car B starts. The fact that car B starts got nothing to do with car A not starting.

Share this comment

Sorry I didn't wrote it more clearly. I meant that win7 is on boot camp of my early 2011 Mac. All textures working properly, game runs smooth (only thing that give me FPS drops are flowing liquids with is quite obvious on laptop from 2011)

Share this comment

8 hours ago, CCfen said:

Sorry I didn't wrote it more clearly. I meant that win7 is on boot camp of my early 2011 Mac. All textures working properly, game runs smooth (only thing that give me FPS drops are flowing liquids with is quite obvious on laptop from 2011)

Windows 7+ can emulate features that out of spec graphics chips do not have but with lower FPS. OSX can't and so the game must be coded specifically to use older features. 

It still doesn't change the reason, your hardware is still under the min spec. And so until they officially announce support of older hardware it's if it works then good for you but if it doesn't then you're screwed. 

Share this comment