airlock doors destroy air AU-221697

w0lfshad3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I don't see this bug report anywhere and it's very annoying. I have to use liquid "doors" instead

When an airlock closes the air that entered its space gets destroyed. You can see this by watching the surrounding atmosphere while it does that. The pneumatic doors that let air through don't have this issue.

It's easiest to observe having 3 airlocks in a row near a chlorine chamber, enter and exit with a duplicate and see the chlorine dissappear

Steps to Reproduce
When an airlock closes the air that entered its space gets destroyed. You can see this by watching the surrounding atmosphere while it does that. The pneumatic doors that let air through don't have this issue. It's easiest to observe having 3 airlocks in a row near a chlorine chamber, enter and exit with a duplicate and see the chlorine dissappear

User Feedback

Actually i counted on this to keep gases from getting in my base. Gases like Chlorine. But it would also explain why there is lot less chlorine in the the gas chamber I have with it stored.

The only time gases escape with 3 doors is if 2 or more dupes leave a multi door set up like that at once. Then gas escapes where you dont want it. 

Both are problems. The fact that I need 3 doors in a row to keep gases in sucks. Airlocks aren't that good either. 

Share this comment