After Win 10 creative update, game video crashes but game is still running (can hear active game sounds)

Mustrum Ridcully
  • Branch: Preview Branch Pending

After a minute or so of play, the screen freezes, but activity still goes on. Before it freezes, I can play as normal. This is with a resumed game.

I pulled the log and there is a long pattern of errors (attached, but here's a copy of it as well)

Global:Update() (at C:\jenkins\workspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\scripts\game\Global.cs:95)

(Filename: C:/jenkins/workspace/Release_SimGame/Assets/Plugins/Output.cs Line: 63)

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=256 h=384 d3dfmt=16 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=96 d3dfmt=28 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=256 h=384 d3dfmt=28 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=96 d3dfmt=28 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=27 h=27 d3dfmt=2 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=27 h=27 d3dfmt=2 [887a0005]

I haven't played for 2 days, had the win 10 creative update happen and restarted before I tried to play today.

Steps to Reproduce
Just start the game and it happens after a minute or so.

User Feedback

23 hours ago, AlexRou said:

After I read this, I tried, but Win 10 won't let me add the intel driver, it's only going with their driver from freaking 2015.

I looked up how to circumvent the driver signing but I had no success. I used the command prompt as administrator to turn off the security block (UEFI) and also tried to get into testing mode, still couldn't change the driver. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though; I should have thought of that first.

It's still happening. when I alt-tab it brings a small window bar up on the left of my screen (pic attached) and when I click elsewhere I hear the "Clank" pickaxe sound so it's still there in the background.

oni.JPG

driver.JPG

Edited by Mustrum Ridcully

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Mustrum Ridcully said:

I looked up how to circumvent the driver signing but I had no success. I used the command prompt as administrator to turn off the security block (UEFI) and also tried to get into testing mode, still couldn't change the driver. 

What driver signing? If you're talking about this then just click more info and "run anyway". Also I don't think you know what UEFI is or does, you prob should turn it back on.

Windows_8_SmartScreen_Warning.png

Share this comment

I go to update drivers > browse my computer > folder with intel driver win64_154034.4624\Graphics . It won't update says the above.

Share this comment

Why are you not using the EXE, also the instructions say select the win64_154034.4624 folder and not the win64_154034.4624/Graphics

Edited by AlexRou
  • Like 1

Share this comment