AETN cooling is broken after loading game

Excors
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The cooling behaviour of an AETN changes significantly after saving and loading a game, compared to its behaviour when the world is first created.

Tested in sandbox with a setup like:

aetn.thumb.jpg.6156f8fe692bbb40f4c5caa931e71d2a.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new sandbox world. Destroy everything around an AETN. Put it in a box of insulated abyssalite tiles, filled with 2kg hydrogen. Feed the AETN with hydrogen. Fill a room with 1000kg petroleum at 398K (125C), and pump it through the AETN room with gold radiant pipes. Wait for the temperature of the output liquid (in the insulated output pipes) to settle down. I observe the output at 120C. I think that's about 88kW of cooling. If I change the temperature of the input, the output remains about 5C lower than the input, which makes sense. (It doesn't match the AETN's documented cooling power but never mind.) Save the game, then load it again. Now I observe the output quickly drops and settles around 79C, which is about 10x more cooling power than before. If I replace the 125C petroleum with 200C petroleum, the output is still around 85C, which is a stupid amount of cooling. The output temperature seems to vary very little with the input temperature, or with the type of liquid, which doesn't sound sensible.

User Feedback

(Hmm, it's unfortunate that "Steps to Reproduce" seems to delete all newlines.)

Attached a save, where the output liquid is initially around 120C but drops to around 79C after leaving it running for a minute.

AETN Demo.sav

Share this comment

I tested this again in the new testing build (RU-282883) and can reproduce exactly the same problem.

Share this comment