I've recently finished a series on Twitch which was an accept every dupe challenge - and sadly the series was cut short due to the severe lag, and inability to play any faster than the slowest speed without extreme frame loss. Now i'm aware this is quite a large (and panic ridden, clumsy) colony, and has an awful lot of dupes, but figured it might help the devs to see how dupes behave when reaching this point in a colony organically.
My system specs are : I7 3770k oc'ed to 4.2ghz, ASUS HD 7970, 16gigs ram, installed on SSD (not sure what more you need - but let me know)
Main problems are :
- the priority/harvest lag when switching between overlays
- the delay in opening jobs/vitals page
- the delay/lag when selecting dupes for rejuvenator/cot assignment
- the extreme frame loss and dupe confusion when changing speeds (dupes regularly started suffocating if playing at higher speeds - their idle time increased, and they would actively kill themselves whilst deep in thought of what to do next....
- the idle dupe time in general, plenty of jobs to do - but delay on priority assignment/job allocation?
Now I have to acknowledge a few things. The piping in this colony is beyond slap-dash, the wiring is a jumbled mess of carnage, and it's probably one of the worst colonies I've ever built - however please remember it was a live-streamed challenge and I was panicking for almost the entirety There are not any large overly complicated systems, just a fair bit of liquid/gas piping, and a nest of wires
Anyways, hope it helps - and If you do find that theres something glaringly obvious wrong with my system specs/settings/game files please do let me know
Edit* Forgot to mention, I was monitoring my CPU temps and CPU/MEM usage for the majority of the series, and my temps never went above 50ish degrees, memory never above 50% usage, and CPU at around 40% - this is whilst running OBS.
Much love as ever you wonderful Klei folk!
Play a ridiculous challenge and expand your base way too much.