A Problem Occurred Initializing Your Audio Device

enhander23
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I get the "A Problem Occurred Initializing Your Audio Device" message and sound does not play while in the game (only for Oxygen Not Included, other games and media seem to work fine).

I checked for audio driver updates and I have the latest driver installed.  I also went to my audio driver and made sure the playback device advanced was set to 24 bit, 48 kHz (studio quality).

I'm on the Launch Upgrade, so not sure if it's a new bug with the new patch.

Steps to Reproduce
I started up the game

User Feedback

On 8/2/2019 at 6:54 PM, jambell said:

Hey @enhander23, thanks for the post.

You've probably seen this already but there are a few other things you can try here:
http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2963661-no-sound-when-playing-klei-games

Particularly, the after-market audio software tends to be quite problematic. That would be my first guess!

Hi,

Unfortunately none of the fixes seem to work.  I have an NVidia graphics card if that's what's causing it?  I disabled the NVidia audio in my device manager and that didn't fix the issue.  I don't have nahimic either.  My playback device is set to 24-bit, 48 kHz

On 8/2/2019 at 6:54 PM, jambell said:

Hey @enhander23, thanks for the post.

You've probably seen this already but there are a few other things you can try here:
http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2963661-no-sound-when-playing-klei-games

Particularly, the after-market audio software tends to be quite problematic. That would be my first guess!

Hey sorry for the double reply, but I fixed the issue.  It seems that Asus computers have this thing called Sonic Suite 3 automatically installed.  When I uninstalled that, it fixed the issue.

Share this comment

Hey, no worries! Interesting, yeah it makes sense that a program like that would do it.

Maybe we'll add that to our help page, thanks!

Share this comment