A problem occurred initializing your audio device

slayer_
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm having issues with sound not working in game.

The game starts up and presents the following error:

A problem occurred initializing your audio device.
Sorry about that!
This is usually caused by outdated audio drivers.

I have an Asus Z270E motherboard with Realtek High Definition Audio sound onboard, running the latest available drivers on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

I have tried verifying game integrity, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my audio drivers but still presented with this error.

fmod.log file is attached, please help!!!

fmod.log

Steps to Reproduce
Launched the game, no sound.

User Feedback

Hey @slayer_, thanks for the post!

Do you have Nahimic or any other third party audio software installed? If updating drivers doesn't solve this, in most cases Nahimic is the culprit.

If you do, please try uninstalling Nahimic and seeing if that fixes it!

Here is a link with another thing you can try, double-checking the sample rate and bit depth of your audio device.
http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2947881-no-audio-when-playing-oxygen-not-included

Share this comment

Hey Jambell,

I've managed to resolve the problem and thought I would share my solution with you.

While I don't have any "Nahimic" software installed, it appears the drivers and software that Asus provide for their onboard audio (Realtek® ALC S1220A) includes Nahimic DLL's.

I uninstalled Asus Sonic Studio, rebooted and now audio is working perfectly again! :D:D:D

Share this comment

On 07/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, slayer_ said:

Hey Jambell,

I've managed to resolve the problem and thought I would share my solution with you.

While I don't have any "Nahimic" software installed, it appears the drivers and software that Asus provide for their onboard audio (Realtek® ALC S1220A) includes Nahimic DLL's.

I uninstalled Asus Sonic Studio, rebooted and now audio is working perfectly again! :D:D:D

Oooooh interesting. This is really helpful, we'll include that in our support doc! Thanks, and I'm glad you're back up and running :)

Share this comment