[296074] Buildings with recipe queues cannot be properly supplied

Hexicube
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Started noticing this when duplicants would pick up egg shells and immediately drop them again. This is likely an extension of the "Building lacks resources" message spam.

Any building that is requesting more of a resource than exists will not get supplied until an excess of that resource is available. I've noticed this with a granulator set to process egg shells forever, it requests 10kg of egg shells and I only have 8kg. A duplicant picks up the egg shells, but the granulator decides it wants to pick a new recipe because there isn't 10kg, and the errand is cancelled as a result.

On the attached save, you can see the problem in the caustic biome just to the right of spawn (camera should be focused there). There's 1.5kg of egg shell there, that is repeatedly picked up and dropped.

Q1 Test Save.sav

My work-around for this problem is to put a compactor just for egg shells next to the compactor, at a higher priority. Dupes will supply that just fine, and then move shells over before the errand is invalidated.

Steps to Reproduce
Set the granulator to infinitely process egg shells when less than 10kg is available.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.