Starving Duplicant bug

Nekrath
  • Branch: Live Branch Known Issue

So at one point in time I was struggling to maintain a food source and some of my duplicants began to starve. Only one ended up hitting 0% and instead of just dying (something that happened in previous builds I guess) he became incapacitated right on top of the cooking station as he was about to grab some food, I couldn't figure out what to do and I saw there was a timer counting down to his death. I looked up how to help an incapacitated duplicant and one person said to hit the red alert button, so I tried that and sure enough he got up. However now there is a different problem, now he doesn't need to eat and refuses to eat anything, and always stays at 0kcal and 0 fullness, but does not seem to be having any negative effects from it. So I guess he's some sort of weird zombie now, and I'm not sure if one of these days hes just going to fall over dead or continue being weird and creep all my other duplicants out.

457140_20170524013926_1.png

Steps to Reproduce
Duplicant starves, becomes incapacitated, toggle red alert on then off.

User Feedback

I encountered the same issue with a hungry/starving dupe not dying, despite reaching 0% fullness. At first I intended to kill him because his décor expectation was too high and his stress levels were hard to manage. But he wouldn't die, and he kept operating normally except refusing to eat, even when I adjusted the consumables list to try giving him other food. In the end he became quite useful to my colony, but this zombie state is very broken.

Also, maybe it's just coincidence, but my zombie dupe "Max" is a dude with curly orange hair, just like "Rowan" in the post above.

Screenshots below show "Max" going from Lvl 14 to 21 while maintaining 0% fullness...

20170625155310_1.jpg

20170625215123_1.jpg

Share this comment