Crashing Sadness

Scribble
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Closed

I'm not sure if I got the branch right, but ONI has been crashing after a few mins of playing. Not only does it crash itself it crashes my whole computer. I'm not sure what's wrong and it's only been doing it recently. Please help I miss playing 87 hrs is no where near enough )':

Steps to Reproduce
Load up game, play for at max 5 mins, crash.

User Feedback

The logs doesn't show anything, if your pc is crashing that might mean something is wrong with your PC. You can try things like making sure all your drivers are updated and all windows updates are installed. Maybe even try some stress tests.

How does it crash the PC? Any beeps? Blue screen? Or just poof and black?

Share this comment

Not sure what a stress test is, but I know I'm fully updated. I ran my Virus and Malware protector software and even defragged my computer just in case. I haven't heard any beeps it just all of a sudden will shut down as if I had a black out or something. It's very odd. It only happens when I play ONI now-a-days so I thought something happened with an update that my computer doesn't like. I'm glad everything is fine. Now to toss my computer at someone to figure out what the heck is going on XD

Share this comment

A stress test is a program that puts your CPU to 100% usage for a while. You can try prime95 it is one of the more common ones https://www.mersenne.org/download/#download

From what you are describing, that sounds like your PC overheating. Running a stress test with some temperature monitoring software will very easily point that out. If it is a overheating issue then go open up the PC and do some spring cleaning and maybe buy a new CPU cooler.

If it is not a overheating issue then the worst case for you would be a hardware fault. If you don't feel comfortable doing all the testing and checking yourself then yeah bring it to a repair shop and let them do the checking, but they tend to overcharge and oversell you. So if you can, find a friend that knows his stuff.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment