Crash on launch (Mac)

turkthesnake
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Fixed

Game just started crashing on launch. The notification says that it crashes while reopening windows, but the game doesn't ever open to the point where I can adjust the resolution. It doesn't matter whether I try to launch without reopening windows or not, the game still crashes. Clean install doesn't fix the problem. MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.17.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.21.11 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

Unknown.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Exact same issue here. It worked fine for me earlier in the day, and then after a steam update now crashes in the same way you said. Mojave 10.14.6 as well. 

Share this comment

Same problem, on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Game worked fine last night, but I updated Steam to the latest version and now it crashes on startup.

I tried restarting my computer, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game file. Nothing works.

Share this comment

I also have this problem.After the steam update, open the program and it will crash.MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Share this comment

Update- unfortunately I think this is a steam client problem. I initially thought it was Griftlands because one of my other games opened up, but upon trying other games it looks like most of my games have this issue. Hopefully Steam fixes this soon...

Share this comment

Odd, none of my other games had a problem, but I don't keep many downloaded, so that may be a coincidence. Thanks for the info!

Share this comment

I'm encountering the exact same problem! I could play Son't Starve Together just fine a couple hours prior, though. 

Share this comment

There is a bug report for the steam client made by user dr felt. perhaps we can all add to that thread to encourage Steam to do the right thing, acknowledge the problem and fix it quickly. 

Share this comment

It appears that the Steam client was hotfixed late yesterday with a fix for launching games on Mac. They don't call out Mojave though, so let us know if you're still unable to launch after updating steam.

Share this comment