Crash after end of negotiation

anthrazithe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Fixed

Or it used to happen after finishing a battle too. Please check the included logfiles. Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce

Play on MacOS, finish a negotiation or battle. The game will crash in about 20% of the time. MPB 2018, Big Sur, up to date OS, Steam client.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi @anthrazithe, are the attached logs from immediately after the crash, or had you run the game since? If not, could you please re-attach new logs right after you see the crash?

Also, if you have a save that is reproducing the crash reliably, could you attach that as well? Instructions for locating saves are below. Thanks for the report!

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044520732-Logs-and-Useful-Information-for-Bug-Reports-for-Griftlands-Early-Access- 

Share this comment

Hi @fatheroctopus, the logs are from right after the crash. Unfortunately I did not created a backup of the save folder, but if the game crashes again I will include that as well.

The previous crash logs also mentioned a failed assertion (the exact same found in the included log):

Assertion failed: ((g.IO.DeltaTime > 0.0f || g.FrameCount == 0) && "Need a positive DeltaTime!"), function NewFrameSanityChecks, file /Users/jenkins/workspace/workspace/Steam_OSX64_Production_Package/foreign/build/bgfx/3rdparty/dear-imgui/imgui.cpp, line 3604.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

We just deployed a potential fix, let me know if you still see the crash after updating to build 460578

I was unable to reproduce myself, but that's not surprising since the crash seems very dependent on specific hardware timings. If you still get it, the logs should at least have a different error message.

Thanks for the report!

Share this comment